Today I made history. At least for me. I made my first foray into forex and paid real money instead of trading my demo accounts, which I shall still maintain for the moment. However, other than remarking that I have just done my first two trades, this post isn't about them because I have been slowly building up for this for some months and I still have some catchup to do, so today's trade will have to wait.
I had been looking at and considering trading on the forex market for some time. Inevitably, being the age of the internet, I was regularly send unsolicited mail inviting me to join what was, according to the sender, the greatest, easiest, cheapest and most successful system ever to have been devised by man or God. Equally, as I surfed around I came upon similar sites somewhat serendipitously, and then sometimes I actively sought them out.
So basically, forex trading sites are not difficult to find.
I am not going to mention them all, nor even a few, and I am not going to compare them. That sort of detail is best done by people who actually know what they are talking about, and also, the scope of such an undertaking warrants a dedicated site or forum with lots of people sharing their knowledge and experience. Also, just because I have rejected some sites this is NOT irrevocable. Some of them tempted me and I nearly went with them, others I simply found too complex: but I may return to them when I have more experience (and more money).
No, I am merely going to stick to the steps I took, essentially in the approximate order they occurred. So, what did I decide in the end?
A company called Freedom Rocks
That is a link, so you can click it. It is one of many such companies, and it was a difficult choice, but that was it. Why them? Well, to my mind, and I fully accept I am inexperienced, they offered a simple system whose logic I could comprehend. It isn't necessarily the cheapest though. I pay them USD100 each month for the data they give me.
Now, I know that there are systems out there that you pay a one off fee, typically strange and improbable amounts like $47.62 and $197.35, and all threatening to increase the price to their original $3999 as soon as they have sold this batch of only 500, of which only 45 are left, so I had better hurry. Equally strangely, when I left their web sites they bombarded me pop-ups asking me not to leave and announcing that if I were to purchase their product they would give a further discount of anything from 50% to 20%.
Call me cynical, but that approach made me nervous, not to say a little suspicious.
Freedom Rocks never made me feel uneasy, and I may say in retrospect a little safe. I envisage the forex market rather like a vast and perilous ocean. Sometimes it can be calm, but other times it can be treacherous and deadly. I see me out in that ocean in a little inflatable dinghy being tossed around by that ocean and having very little control.
To continue the analogy, I saw my involvement with Freedom Rocks as a small island or atoll in the middle of that ocean. My dinghy is anchored in the bay. Each day I go down to the beach and see if it has been pulled out further to sea, left stranded on the beach or rising high when the tide has come in. Either way, I am safe. My dinghy is safe, and help is a short walk away.
So, next time I'll explain what my involvement means, what effort I have to make and why I saw it all worthwhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment