Thursday, April 17, 2008

How my demo accounts performed.

I now had two new demo accounts. One was based on what I could actually afford, $2,500 and the other was a "wish" account! (If only I could afford more!) So this was started at $50,000.

I wont beat about the bush. Why? Well... a lot of forex and financial blogs and newsletters I have subscribed to say things like....

"The index rose three and half points today buoyed on the strength of the banking industry, but was impeded only by the persistence of the commodities market which re-acted to the down turn in the poor performance of the Prime Mortgage Interest rates."

or

"The strength of the US interest rate was under minded today by the announcement by the Federal Reserve Bank that they anticipated a restricted positive performance growth in the next third quarter."

I didn't know what that meant when I wrote it and I didn't understand it when I read it originally in endlessly repetitive reports purporting to help me make my decisions. They didn't.

The thing I like about Freedom Rocks is that the direction of the market is relatively irrelevant. Like most things, this is not entirely true.

For instance, if the logic one follows (as is the logic of the Freedom Rocks system) that one needs to BUY LOW and SELL HIGH, then if the market is in perpetual decline, therefore one is perpetually buying and not selling and will eventually eat up your capital. Equally, if the market is in a boom time and keeps rising then one will keep selling, but eventually you will obviously run out of lots to sell.

The system relies on the slim chance that the market does not go in a straight line, but whilst adhering to a trend, goes up some days/hours and goes down other days/hours.

Now this, not surprisingly, is exactly what the market does! Straight lines are OUT and seemingly random meanderings are IN.

Because you will inevitably make a profit by a rise or fall in the market followed by a correction (as described above) the next bit will excite you, I hope, as much as it excited me. For the money that you commit to the market you will be paid interest! Now it is also true that you will have to pay interest as well, but the Freedom Rocks system endeavours to make sure that the interest you pay is less than the interest you receive. It gets better all the time! I will go into the interest I am earning in a later blog.

Yes, I know I said I wouldn't beat about the bush, and I have, but I've been distracted by my inability to resist verbosity. It is one of my many failings.

To cut a long story short. After two weeks my $2500 account had risen to $3000. My $50,000 account had risen to $70,000.

Either way, they more than paid for my subscription to Freedom Rocks. Well... they would have if it was real money. But it wasn't. The aforementioned details were very encouraging, but if it isn't money I can cash out and put in my bank account then it isn't worth anything at all.

But that is what my newly created Live account was all about, and that was just about to kick in. So, the things I have to tell you about in the next few blogs are:

1  My earning through interest
2  How any why my $50,000 account did so well in comparison to my $2500
3  Why didn't I go for the $100 mini account
4  Just how well did my Live account do.

Stay tuned...

No comments: